APRIL FOOL'S!! I'm not playing any pranks today because my creativity level is very low these days. :) This is a major anniversary for my husband and I, however. 6 years ago today was our first real date (not counting a double-date we had the week before). While having dinner on that date and talking about our lives, I realized that Chris was the man that God wanted me to marry. I fell for him--hook, line and sinker--and knew that we'd spend the rest of our lives together....even if it meant him rejecting me and me stalking him for a few years. (I'm kidding....sort of. Hehe....) Luckily, I didn't have to stalk him because he felt the same way about me, and the rest his history, folks!! :)
Yesterday was such a busy day that I didn't even get to sit down and check my email all day, let alone write a blog post. I use "busy" as a very positive term because I got so much done at the house that I'm pretty proud of myself. :) On Monday, with very short notice, I scheduled a new baby-sitter to come over on Tuesday and hang out with the kids while I sorted and cleaned stuff in the basement. Our new baby-sitter, Meghan, had never met the kids and since her and Caleb were on Spring Break this week, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to get have them hang out. The kids were on their best behavior, for the most part, and all three of them had a great time while I was in the basement. (Please note that Meghan isn't going to fill all of our baby-sitting needs---we'll still rely on our parents for help, too. We just thought it would be nice to have a local baby-sitter around for when we just want to go out to dinner or go over a neighbors' house to hang out.)
So, back to how I'm all proud of myself....kidding! I spent 4 hours going through ALL the clothes that Caleb has worn from the time he was born and most of Hannah's clothes, too. I sorted them according to size and put them from their storage totes into vacuum-seal bags to save room. I ended up emptying 11 totes altogether, and I had quite a sense of accomplishment by the time I decided to stop for the day. I took Chris on a little "tour" of the basement this morning and we were both able to see a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to cleaning out all the junk down there. One side of the basement is full of stuff to get rid of and once all of that is gone, we'll be ready to start finishing that area. It was nice to see that there was some method to the madness down there and I can't wait to spend another day clearing everything out. Isn't it amazing at how much stuff we accumulate without even trying? And also, how much stuff babies and kids require? I swear, once we're done having kids, we'll have so much extra storage space because then we can get rid of the high chair, jumperoo, exer-saucer, extra baby clothes----everything!!
On Tuesday evening, I picked up one of my sisters-in-law and brought her with me to a "craft night" at a friend's house. I wanted to bring all of my crafty family and friends with but since I was making Mother's Day gifts for my mom and mother-in-law, I didn't want them to see what I was making!! (Yes, I know you're reading this, dear mothers, but you still don't know what I made for you, so there!! *wink wink*) It was really fun to hang-out with my SIL, one-on-one, because it seems like we don't see each other nearly enough with our busy schedules. I hope I can put aside more time in the future to hang out with ALL of my sisters-in-law like that because they are all so special to me. :)
Happy Wednesday to all! I hope you're day is sunnier than ours is---it's SNOWING right now which is making me lose all motivation to venture out of the house. :)
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, look at all that you got done - I am so jealous! I will have to try the babysitter thing too, otherwise you are too busy with the kids! Glad to see that it is starting to warm up too!
Post a Comment