* Randomly today, Caleb said, "I wish God made me a howler-monkey." Okaaaaay.....
* We went to our favorite indoor play-place today, and after about an hour of playing, the kids wanted a snack. Per their requests, I bought Hannah some animal crackers and Caleb got a pack of strawberry Pop-tarts. After eating one of the Pop-tarts, Caleb went back out to play. As I was watching him from across the room, he went right up to all the other boys that he was playing with and said, "Hey, I just got some Pop-tarts." Wouldn't you know, all the other kids came running up to their mothers begging for Pop-tarts?? I got a few dirty looks from the moms, like it was my fault that my four-year old influenced their children. (I also had a nice conversation with Caleb about how we don't go telling other kids stuff like that because maybe their moms didn't want them to have any Pop-tarts.) What a lesson to learn!!
2 comments:
Um, yeah, telling 4 year olds not to talk about something....had that bite me in the hiney today myself. We don't incorporate Santa into our Christmas celebration in our family, so they boys 'know' the truth...Gabe decided to share some today in preschool. Not sure how it all went down, but it was enough for the teacher to report to me, and for Gabe to tell me some kid called him a "liar liar pants on fire" for saying Santa 'doesn't really live'. sigh.
A friend at work recently had her husband return to school for a nursing degree. They discussed this with their 5 year old son by telling him they would be more carefuly about spending money because Daddy didn't have a job anymore. Well this past weekend while they were out in public, the little boy started announcing to anyone who was near that they couldn't spend money because Daddy didn't have a job!
Post a Comment