I was a little bit "camera happy" while we waited for our food to arrive....


Then, we finally headed over to Macy's. The walk-through display was the same as last year ("A Day in the Life of an Elf") so we walked kind of quickly through the crowd to get to Santa. We were in luck when we got there: no line! The kids got right in to see him and Caleb, once again, had no qualms about sitting right up on Santa's lap and telling what he wants for Christmas. Hannah was apprehensive about Santa, as we expected she would be, but she was fine to sit on Mommy's lap, right next to Santa.
(Picture to be posted soon....if I can get it to scan correctly!) :)
Santa had some extra time after the pictures, so he told us some secrets about the reindeer and his workshop. (I'll let you in on part of it: reindeer fly when they eat cookies! Who knew this? No wonder the carrots that we leave on Christmas Eve are always the thing that's left over in the morning.... j/k) By the end of the conversation, Hannah had warmed up to Santa and was talking his ear off, which was nice to see! (I'm hopeful that next year I won't have to be in the Santa picture---yay!!)
Caleb's favorite part of the day occurred right after our Santa visit. Each child got to pick out a cookie to eat as we passed "Santa's bakery" and they both picked out gingerbread men. I was able to get one quick action-shot of the kids enjoying their cookies in front of Macy's poster...

And enjoying them, they were!!


It was such a fun day. I wish there was something like this to go to in the summer so we could do this more than once a year, but I suppose that's the fun of the Christmas season. (Does anyone else feel like it's going by too fast this year????)
No comments:
Post a Comment