So, here's hoping that once her infection is gone, she's back to the sweet and calm Hannah she has always been. Not sure if I can take much more of this "terrible terrible terrible two's"!!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Another Ear Infection
The last few days with Hannah have been INSANE. Or, rather, they are making ME insane. Hannah has really been testing her two-year old abilities. She's always been the child who doesn't throw a tantrum but would rather lay flat on the floor in protest if she doesn't want something. She tells us with her words what she wants and doesn't want, and we can often reason with her, which is very helpful. Well, ever since Friday night, she's been super-duper hard to handle. She's been waking up every night in the middle of the night (sometimes more than once), which is practically unheard of for my children. (We're a family of really great sleepers.) She has also had several tantrums since Friday and they have been driving Chris and I batty. (She even had a MAJOR tantrum at a furniture store on Sunday and by the time we left the store, Chris was the only one of the four of us NOT crying. It was a mess!) Anyway, after waking up TWICE last night and then waking up super early this morning, I knew something had to be up with her. I ended up taking her into the pediatrician around lunchtime and guess what? She still has a double ear-infection! *sigh* We saw the same doctor that diagnosed her last infection (just less than two weeks ago) and he was frustrated that the antibiotic that he previously prescribed didn't cut the infection. He prescribed a stronger medicine and also told me that if she doesn't seem better in three days, give him a call.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
First of all, I hate to hear about Hannah and her infection. Secondly, you don't even realize how lucky you are that when she is not feeling well she ONLY wakes up twice. My wonderful son, on a good night, will wake up 3 - 4 times. When he is sick, teething etc we all end up with about 3 hours of sleep - and I did not mean uninterrupted three hours either!
Post a Comment