Another year has begun and, as always, it gives me that promising feeling. I am one that always makes resolutions....but doesn't stick with them. I'm the gal who has said "I'm going to lose the weight from my last pregnancy" for two New Year's resolutions in a row (2008 and 2009) but have I done it yet?? Ummm.....no. So, with 10 pounds yet to lose and no ambition to lose them, I am still making resolutions. Here's what I've come up with this year. (And wish me luck on sticking with it!!)
1. Making healthier food and exercise choices. I figure that this is a better and more realistic resolution for me than saying I'm going to lose "x-amount" of weight. So far, so good!
2. Stay on a budget. We've never had an actual budget before, but both Chris and I are excited to see how we do on our new "2010 plan". It's only been a couple of days but I think I'm doing a good job! ;)
3. Be more spontaneous. This is in regards to my day-to-day life with the kids. I want to spend less days sitting around the house and more days out and about. (Staying within the budget, of course!) Hopefully, this will make for more fun blog posts, which I have obviously been lacking in the past couple of months!!!
4. Spend more time with my hobbies and use up the the craft supplies that I already have. I am a sucker for buying craft stuff that I think I'll use sometime in the future. That said, I have a whole room chock-full of craft supplies that I have yet to play with. My goal (again, this is inspired by the budget) is to use most or all of the supplies I already have and spend more time each week in my craft room. My reward to myself will be to buy new supplies...if I can use up all of the older ones!!!
5. Get rid of more stuff!! We had a big garage sale (my mom and myself) back in July and we got rid of SO MUCH STUFF!! I hate to say that my "get rid of" pile in the basement is growing and growing and growing....just a few months later! I am SO looking forward to having another garage sale in the spring.
Well....I don't want to over-load myself, so I think this is a good list for now. What are your New Year's resolutions?? Do you think you can stick with it?? :)
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I KNOW you can do it Katie! :)
Good Luck!
These are all very good resolutions! I love getting rid of stuff, it feels so freeing!
P.S. Neon huh? Don't be giving me any ideas for your next child...
Post a Comment