Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lots of Changes

I posted a few weeks ago about redecorating Caleb's room. It's basically done and it's super cute! We still have to hang some planets on the ceiling, but that's the last thing we have to do. Caleb loves it, and his favorite part is the glow-in-the-dark stars that are all over his walls and ceiling fan. They aren't the tacky plastic ones, like I had when I was a kid. These are pretty awesome because they're like little stickers that barely show in the light of day. When Caleb turns his light off at night, he doesn't even want us to leave his door open anymore---he's sleeping under the stars!! I have yet to get up there and take a picture, but I hopefully will remember to do that today. :)

We had a bunch of other changes occur this week, as well. We've been itching to completely re-do our family room for quite some time now. Chris has wanted new carpet for awhile and I've been wanting new furniture. We decided that we needed to wait to make these changes.....until our couch got a couple of small tears in it from too much wear. We knew that if we continued to use them as we had been, they would be completely destroyed, so we finally took the plunge and got new furniture. We went shopping on Sunday and they ended up delivering the furniture on Monday, which was super fast. With the new couches in the living room, we knew that we had to do something about the carpet. However, that was a project that was past our checkbook for now, so we ended up getting the main floor carpets cleaned yesterday. Okay, so about now you're thinking "Why is she telling us all this? Lots of people get their carpet cleaned." The biggest change of this whole thing is that upon the arrival of the new furniture, we implemented new rules in our house. The biggest rule (and hardest to follow) is that we've now told the kids that they can't bring any food or drinks onto any carpets in our house. This means even drinks in sippy cups. For the most part, the kids have been doing pretty well with the new rule. However, Caleb has complained every morning this week that I won't let him eat cereal in the living room (something he has only done a couple of times in his life) and Hannah is really good at walking over to the carpet with her cup and putting just her toes in the living room. (What a stinker!) I guess it's good that we're starting this rule while they are so young, rather than trying to teach an "old dog" new tricks. I'll let you know how that goes!

Speaking of dogs, one of the reasons we wanted to get the carpet cleaned is because Jack had an "accident" on the carpet in the middle of the night last week. It's something he basically never does and it just furthered our belief that he was super stressed out at the kennel while we were on our cruise. When we picked him up, he was really skinny, really clingy and really jumpy. I think the poor guy thought we were never come back for him, so we're trying to give him extra love and attention these days!! (The kids helped show Jack their love today by feeding him chocolate chip mini-muffins....)

Anyway, sorry for the random things I wanted to say! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Photos of the room and new furniture please! Ok, thanks.

Aunt Deb said...

Ditto Ashley's comment!