I know that it's only the end of May, but for us, today was end of our "year". Thus, begins summer!! And a summer with no responsibility, which is what I'm looking forward to the most. Sleeping in any day we want, going wherever the wind takes us, and spending enough time outside so all or some of us can get a slight tan are definitely in the agenda for the next three months. Why was today the end of our "year"? Last week was Hannah's last day of preschool and also the last day of my MOPS group for the year, which also marked the last meeting that I had to decorate for. (Enter big relieving sigh here.) Today was the last day of Caleb's preschool and they had a graduation ceremony for the kids. (I'll post pictures later---I have a bunch to show.) I started to tear up when the kids sang their "Good-bye Song" for the last time. It's a song they sing at the end of each school day and hearing that for the last time really made the year seem final. Plus, we've been with all of his teachers for two years so it was really hard to say good-bye to them! I guess we'll have to spend a lot of extra time at the Y this summer just to run into some of his teachers...
On that note, I should probably mention that I'm feeling even better than the last time I posted. The first trimester is a distant memory! Okay, not so distant....just a week behind me...but I feel like I have so much more energy lately. I even got new gym cards for the kids and I (since I lost ours about five weeks ago) and have really been getting a lot done around the house. Plus, now that summer has arrived, I need this energy to focus on "problem areas" in our house (aka areas where I tend to throw stuff and it piles up to the point where we can't find a darn thing in that area). Chris is thinking "thank goodness" that I'm finally able to focus my energy and motivation on these areas since it's usually him that says, "Umm....what's going on with all this stuff over here?!" :) Also, I forgot to mention that we had our 12-week OB appointment this week and it included an ultrasound, which was so awesome! We had some genetic testing done as well, and it turns out that the testing and the ultrasound all came back with flying colors. Well....the ultrasound was in black and white, but you know what I mean! (Okay, bad joke.) Anyhoo, the baby looks like a baby and I look like I have a bowling ball under my shirt. SERIOUSLY. I'm only 3 months along and every where I go, people are asking me when I'm due. My neighbor saw me last week and grilled me about why I hadn't told her I was pregnant yet. Turns out, she thought I was five months along!! I had to assure her that no, it's very early in my pregnancy, and since she has four kids of her own, she completely understood. With the big belly getting bigger, I was kind of freaking out about how much weight I'm gaining so early in this pregnancy. What a relief (and a nice surprise) it was when I found out at my doctor appointment that I have only gained one pound so far. Whew! I guess this really IS a third pregnancy kinda thing. Craziness!!
On a little side note, I'll leave you with a silly conversation I had today. Hannah and I ran into Caribou (a local coffee shop) in a town about 20 minutes away from ours. We were in that area and both wanted some "Caribou". After I ordered, as I waited for the cashier to get my coffee and take my money, the lady in line behind us said, "Are you having another girl?" I asked her to repeat herself since I wasn't sure if I heard her correctly. Then, I said, "Ummm....no. We haven't found out what it is yet." The lady smiled and said, "I see! Well, I think you're having another girl." Nice to know the opinion of a stranger. I assured her that my husband shared her belief. :)
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Are you going to find out if the baby is a boy or girl, or do you like to wait for the surprise?!
Post a Comment