***Lots to blog about lately, including Caleb's birthday, so I'll get to that soon!***
*Caleb's actual birthday was a couple days before his party. Chris and I tried to make it special for him by blowing up dozens of balloons and putting them in his room the night before, so he'd wake up to a balloon-filled room. He also got a couple presents from family members and we went to his favorite restaurant for dinner. At one point in the day, Caleb said to me, "I thought my birthday was going to be different." I asked him what he thought it was going to be like. He said, very matter of factly, "I thought lots of people were going to come to our house and give me lots of presents!!" Oh, to be five again!
*Caleb got a Whoopie Cushion as a gift from my oh-so-funny sister. Despite our efforts, we can't get him to call it by it's name, however. To Caleb, it will always be referred to as a "fart pillow".
*As a special treat, Caleb picked out some gummy candies at the store today. In the car, he gave one to his sister. As I watched, Hannah tried to chew it, realizing that it was quite hard for a gummy candy. She ended up spitting it out and saying, "Here, Mom! This candy doesn't work!"
*Hannah woke up this morning in our bed, which, of course, means that Chris and I are pretty much awake for the day, too. I kept trying to close my eyes and get in a little more snooze-time but Hannah would stop me. Finally, after the third time I closed my eyes, Hannah got in my face and said, "Mom, it's not quiet time anymore--it's morning. The sun is up and the baby is awake!" (Like she could tell!) :)
*About a year ago, Caleb came up with the phrase "I'm not going to be your friend anymore" and would tell us that when he would get mad. As he's gotten a little older, he's realized how silly it sounds and has stopped saying it. By now, though, Hannah has already heard it and started saying it herself when she doesn't get her way with something. However, when she's really happy, she tells us that we're her "best friend" (such as, "Mommy, you're my BEST friend!"). So, on any given day, I go from being Hannah's best friend to not her friend back to her best friend back to not her friend. Wow, I didn't know a mother/daughter "friendship" with a two-year old could be so conditional!!
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment