Monday, July 18, 2011

A Healthy Snack

My kids LOVE to snack so I try to keep fairly healthy things that they like in the house because they are constantly asking, "Can we have snack?" This afternoon when that question was asked, I told Caleb that he could have a "squeezie" (as we like to call them....I'll explain in a minute) and that Hannah could have a cheese stick since she doesn't like "squeezies". What we call a "squeezie" is basically applesauce in a tube. Today we had a berry-flavored one and also a box of apple/banana ones. Caleb opened an apple one, then the berry one, then mixed them. "This tastes amazing!!" he shouted. He ended up getting a bowl and emptying both tubes into the bowl to mix. Then, he thought Trix might be a nice addition, so he added some of those. After that, he saw a bag of S'mores Honey Graham Goldfish in the cupboard so he added a few of those. The result actually looked something like beef stew, which personally made ME gag. Caleb was thrilled with his concoction and claimed that he was actually going to eat it. He got up from his spot at the table to grab another spoon and that's when his little sister took the cup of water that was also on the table and poured it in the bowl. (again....*gag*) Well, NOW Caleb couldn't eat it, which meant it was up to his lovely mother to dispose of it. (Not a pleasant job if you ask me.) I guess all the gagging on my part was worth it just to hear Caleb say that he plans to be a "food inventor" when he grows up. :)

On a side note, Hannah just asked for some ketchup so she could dip her sour cream and cheddar chips in it. No, thank you. I've had enough gagging for one day....

No comments: