Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

Or should I say: "Merry December 27th!!!" As every year, Christmas has come and gone much too fast! I look forward to it all year and try to savor it as much as possible, but still have that inevitable "it's done, already?!" by December 26th. At least we can say that our Christmas celebrations were wonderful and we got to see so many family members, which is always a highlight. Of course, I didn't get very many good pictures at all. I never have enough hands to help the kids with all of their needs and still take pictures of everything going on around us, so my pictures are always hurried and a little blurry this time of year. (Maybe when the kids get a little older, I'll have time to take a few good pictures?? We'll see...)

Our Christmas was very traditional this year: we spent Christmas Eve at Chris' parents' house, Christmas Morning with our little family at home and then my side of the family came over to our house to celebrate Christmas Day. I had my two helpings of lutefisk (one Christmas Eve and one Christmas Day) and plenty of sweets in between. Monday was spent relaxing and I made the conscious decision that day to put NOTHING away. That brings us to today where our laundry pile is practically taller than I am (okay, bit of an exaggeration there), our sunroom floor is covered with open boxes from gifts, and we are all ready to get back to "normal". Luckily, we have the week to relax and regroup. While we usually keep the tree up past New Years, I'm thinking later today would be a good time to start taking the ornaments down...

Despite the lack of great pictures, here are a couple of my favorites from the past few days. I hope you enjoy them and I also hope you had a wonderful Christmas celebration with your family, as well!!




No comments: