We just had a great weekend so I thought I'd do a little bit of reminiscing about it. My weekend actually started on Thursday night when a friend of mine took me to a concert that a local radio station was putting on. My friend had won tickets so we got all dolled up and headed to the concert venue. It was so much fun to see several musical artists that I normally just hear on the radio but at some points during the evening, I had to look around and notice how I was definitely on the "older" end of people there. A lot of the concert-goers were between the ages of 18-21 and there were definitely people older than me there, but I still looked around and felt like I probably didn't fit in with all the girls in miniskirts!! (Which I was NOT wearing, by the way.) I did, however, tell my friend that if she wins tickets next year and takes me again, I will wear an all-sequined mini dress, so....that should be interesting!! ;)
Friday we packed up for a weekend away and left for my aunt's house in a different state. My cousin was graduating from high school so we were going to help with his open house on Saturday. It turned out to be a beautiful day---not to hot because it had rained that morning. My mom and I manned the food tables and my dad grilled up some burgers. I think it was the smoothest running open house I've ever been to and the clean up was done in probably only 15 minutes or so. Teamwork pays off, I tell ya! As for my cousin, he is such a responsible and smart fella so I am just excited to see where life takes him. He'll have a great time at college next year (he'll be going to college about two hours from his hometown so just enough distance to feel like he's far away but close enough to come home and do laundry!!) and we were so happy to be able to celebrate with him. Much like Thursday, I looked around at one point and thought, "Sheesh, I'm getting old". I remember when that kid was born---and even before then!---and here he is, already going away to college. Time flies!!
On Sunday, we were home-bound. We left in the late morning and made pretty good time, considering that we usually need to tack on an hour of drive-time because of all the potty breaks our children require. At one point, Chris was the only one awake in the van, and that was just because he was driving. Thank goodness for the good travelers in our family! I'm sure I've said it before, but also thank goodness for DVD players! All in all, it was a great but quick trip and I am spending this Monday doing laundry and catching up on some rest. Oh, while I'm thankful for random things, I should also be thankful for GPS and maps on our cell phones. We were going to stop and take a picture with a statue that we pass every time we travel through a certain town. We talked about it all morning and the kids were pretty excited. It turned out that we had to stop for a potty break when we first entered the town, and as we were leaving, we didn't see the statue. About an hour later, Hannah asked when we were going to see it and we said that we just must have missed it. Well, of course we then realized that we missed seeing the statue because we took a wrong turn out of the gas station and spent a good hour or two on a road we don't normally travel on! My dear husband was confident that we would make it back just fine and he was right. What would I do without him? Especially since he's the one who has to remind me all the time that I can just turn on my cell phone and it will give me directions. It's too high-tech for me! Anyhoo, it all worked out but I guess we'll have to take pictures of the statue next time. :)
Monday, May 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment