Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Busy Birthday Weekend!

Ok, I have to apologize. I told some of you that I would post almost every day and here I skipped 4 days already! Can something be busy but relaxing at the same time? I'm not sure, but I can tell you that my weekend was a little of both. On Friday, my dear mother watched the kids while Chris and I went out for a birthday dinner to the Melting Pot in Minneapolis. If you have never been there, you have to go! It's a fondue restaurant and it's wonderful! It's one of Chris and my favorite places to go. We love the food and the ambiance, but we also love the memories it brings. (Chris lived right above that restaurant when we first started dating so it reminds us of fun evenings in the city and our whirlwind romance!) Not to say that I'm getting old, but honestly, we were home by 8:30pm. Yes, my father was kind enough to call and make fun of us (thanks, Dad! j/k) but it's true that we just wanted to relax at home after dinner.
On Saturday, Chris had a class all day so it was the kids and me at home. While the day was pretty relaxing, I have to say, my son did some things that were very surprising to me. First off, he refused to wear a diaper and ASKED to wear underwear which was very nice! Of course, for the three pairs of underwear he wore that morning, he had three accidents, but it was totally worth it! By 3pm, he was back to diapers, however. Boo-hoo. For dinner, we headed to another of my favorite restaurants, Sunsets. We had another birthday dinner (hooray for me! j/k) with two of my very good friends. (Girls, if you are reading this, thanks for driving all the way to Timbucktu just for me!)
Sunday was ANOTHER relaxing day. Of course, I had practically refused to do anything constructive around the house all weekend so by noon on Sunday, the house was a disaster. I was getting very agitated because of this, so I made Chris and the kids go with me to Blaine early for dinner. We were going to have dinner at my in-laws but of course, I had to make a quick stop at the nail salon to get a "birthday pedicure". During the pedicure, my sister-in-law called and gave me the best birthday news ever: she is pregnant! There is going to be another Christenson cousin soon and we are thrilled!

Yesterday, the most interesting thing that happened is that I got a letter from my baby sister! She seems to be doing well and she said that basic training isn't as bad as she thought it was going to be. She also told us the dates of her graduation so hopefully the time will go by fast. I can't wait to see her!

I think you are all up to date now! Birthday is over. I am one year older. Everyone thinks that I'm getting sad over it, but come on! No one ever said "Oh, boo-hoo, 27 years old." Look at all that I've accomplished in life so far! Ok, bad example....

Cute picture time! Caleb's new thing (there's always a "new thing" isn't there?) is asking what time it is. Mind you, he's not yet three-years old and has no idea how to tell time. The actual numbers mean nothing to him, but he asks me "What time is it?" about 4 times a day. He also helped me make two huge batches of jello-poke cupcakes for MOMS Club last night and even helped me lick the beaters!





Hannah has been a peach all weekend. She has become a pro at rolling over whenever she wants something and I even got her to tuck her legs under her in a crawling position today. Hopefully, crawling is a little ways off, but who knows? She has also started whining. Literally, whining. If a 5-month old can whine, she is doing it and it's pretty hilarious. (Here's a picture of Miss Grabbie-Toes herself!)

3 comments:

The Fritz Facts said...

People need to tell me when it is their birthdays! For the love...
I am so glad that you had a great birthday weekend!!

CoolMommy said...

Jeff and I have been talking about trying the Melting pot...I think a double date is in order...

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend. You deserve it with all the craziness with Caleb and Hannah! :) She is getting so big! And Caleb is looking so grown up!

I will have to go to the Melting Pot sometime and eat a meal instead of just dessert and see what that's like! The dessert sure was tasty, though! See you Thursday!