I haven't posted since yesterday morning and it feels like forever! I think I might be addicted... Anyhoo, this is the end of a wonderful weekend. On Saturday, Chris tried to fish with his brothers and dad. I say "tried" because they didn't get much time on the lake, due to windy weather and such. He came home very exhausted, despite the lack of fishing and ended up taking a HUGE nap. Before his nap, he said "Let's go to the drive-in tonight!" but after his nap, he was super mellow and so were the rest of us, so our lack of motivation kicked in. No drive-in, but we had a great time chillin' at home. Today, I got together with three friends and scrap-booked ALL DAY. It was awesome, to say the least! My husband had a great time with the kiddos while I was gone and I was very thankful to have some "Mommy Time". I got 12 1/2 pages scrapped (yes, the 1/2 of a page DOES count in my mind) and it was really great to hang out with those friends of mine. We're kind of a "scrapping club" since we get together two or three times a year and get our scrap-booking and card-making done. Plus, they always have great ideas on how to decorate pages so it really helps my creativity flow! Anyways, enough of the boring stuff, for you non-scrapbookers. :)
As I was pulling away from the scrap-book store, I called Chris who was on his way home from his parents house. We ended up being on the same highway at the same stoplight at the same time. I love how refreshing and relieving it is to "run into" someone that you love and know so well. It was also so cute to hear Caleb say in the background "Is that our Toyota??" I guess he knew it was me even before he really knew who was in the car! :) We let the kids stay up a little later than usual tonight so I could have some cuddle time which I think they enjoyed. Hannah was super hyper: she was rolling around and sitting up on the floor but the whole time, she was screeching and drooling all over the place. When I tried to get Caleb to go to the bathroom before bed, he apparently needed some privacy in the bathroom because he made me stand outside of the bathroom with the door shut and sing "The Bug Song" 4 times. After each song he would say "Sing it again, Mom! I'm not done yet!" I don't know if this whole "singing while going to the bathroom" thing will last, but if it gets him potty trained any earlier, then I'm all for it! :)
Okay, I will end at the potty story. ;)
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love scrapbook days, so relaxing. I need to make more time for it...
We might go to the drive in next week, we love it! The kids have a blast, and we can snuggle. So fun!
I wanna have scrapbook get togethers!!! I am sooo behind. I guess wedding planning takes priority.
Your kid stories are the best. Caleb (via you) cracks me up! :)
Post a Comment