Saturday, July 12, 2008

Boring Entry?

Warning: this might be a boring entry. I just wanted to get some thoughts down about the kids so everything might be random, too.

Last night we had some friends over and when I woke up this morning, I was still proud of how both Caleb and Hannah behaved. Number one: they love our friends that came over so despite the lack of a nap yesterday, Caleb was bouncing off the walls and super excited all night. Number two: almost any child will be in good behavior when they see a gorgeous Oreo cake in their midst. :) We were sure to give Caleb his piece very early so that the sugar-rush would have a chance to wear-off before bedtime. As it turned out, we were able to put Caleb down for bed an hour early and he didn't even protest. I guess not having a nap worked out for the best for all of us! He woke up about 1/2 hour later than normal this morning and he's in a hilariously adorable mood. When I went into his bedroom to get him, he was lying in his bed, still all covered with his blankets and he said "Mom, I'm just singing up here." (I think I caught him in the wake-up stage when you're not quite ready to leave your warm bed yet...) :) When he came downstairs for breakfast, he was a big help. He let Jack outside all by himself, which is new. He also noticed that one of our dining room chairs was still in the kitchen from dinner last night, so he put it back where it belonged. Wow! When did he grow up? Also, (here's your really random story for the day), I realized that none of my old tricks are going to work anymore. I was watching the morning news this morning when Caleb asked to watch cartoons. The weather was on so I said "I just need to watch this storm that's coming through". Well, little did I know, my son can read maps because he said "But, we're there and the storm is down there." Okay, he got me. The storm was in Iowa...I was just trying to buy some time before my brain was filled with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse....

On to Child #2: Hannah is a just doll as always. I feel like she has just gone through a big change or something. Just in the past day or two, she gets up on all fours like she wants to crawl and she's started to do that cute baby thing where she looks like she's revving up her engine and getting ready to go! (I love when babies do that!) She also has become even more vocal. I know....no surprise there if you look at her brother and mom, but she hasn't just started talking more---she's gotten louder. Like, really really loud. She was sitting in her Jumperoo last night giving our guests a lecture. (Imagine "Bah-bah-bah" at the top of an infant's lungs.... It was kind of ear-piercing...) She went to bed at her normal time, however, and didn't make one peep after that. This morning, she talked in her crib for a good 1/2 hour while I decided if I really wanted to get up for the day and when I went in to get her, she was just the smiliest little girl ever. With kids like this, my day really starts out right! :)

2 comments:

The Fritz Facts said...

The random thoughts are the best ones!

We were watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse together...awwww lol

Be glad that Caleb doesn't know what the maps really mean, when the sirens were going off last night Boo FREAKED OUT. At least until I explained that it was not a tornado, just wind, rain and hail. Then she wanted to be outside watching with daddy.

*gEEns* said...

I love your random stories!! I can only hope that my future kids are as cute as yours!!!! :)