Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day #1

For weeks, I have been warning Caleb that upon my return from South Carolina, I was going to take his diapers away, therefore forcing him to be potty trained. He knew this was coming and would talk about it every now and then. He'd say things like "When my mom gets home, she's taking my Mickey Mouse diapers away." (At least he knew it was coming, right?) Well, today was the day! I'm proud to say that we only had one real accident, but we went through 5 pairs (yes, you read that correctly) of underwear. He had a little problem with knowing *exactly* when to run to the bathroom, so a few of the pairs got a little damp. I think I'm getting used to hearing "I have potty on my legs!!" come from the living room but I hope this phase doesn't last very long. :) Anyways, I am very optimistic that Caleb will be fully potty trained in a couple days and to be sure, we are sticking around the house until then.

We had a lazy day here at home---just recovering from our time apart. It's still good to be home! :)

2 comments:

The Fritz Facts said...

How exciting! It is a rite of passage for any kid. Hope the week goes quickly...and clean! lol

Anonymous said...

What a big boy! I am sure it will be a quick transition since he is such a smart cookie! :)