Thursday, July 10, 2008
God and His Games
It started out as a hot and muggy day. We went to a friends' house and played outside for most of the morning, then left to run errands around lunchtime. As we were leaving the grocery store, it started to rain--thunder and lightening, the whole works. The thunder was booming, so Caleb asked "What's the sound??" I said "You know, it's thunder. Thunder isn't scary---it's just God bowling." Caleb pondered this, then changed the subject. When we got home, I told him that it was naptime. I laid down with him in "Mom and Dad's bed". The one bad part about sleeping in our room is that it has three exterior walls, so the storm was VERY loud in there, versus how it would be in Caleb's room or downstairs. I really thought Caleb was going to fall asleep without even talking because he was quiet for several minutes when we first laid down. All of a sudden, after a big boom of thunder, Caleb sat up and said "I hear God!! He needs to stop bowling so I can go to sleep!" :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hahaha! My parents used to tell me that, too and I am sure I will tell the same things to my kids one day!
Don't forget to tell Caleb I am coming over tomorrow. I'm worried he might forget me if I don't see him often enough!
That's so stinkin' cute...
Post a Comment