Around lunchtime, Caleb was starting to get really naughty (which in "Two-year old Land" means that he's tired). I walked away from the table, only to find that he had been stuffing his hot dog bun inside a removable tube of the vacuum cleaner. Now, how he got this tube, I don't know. He must have gone into the closet earlier that morning and took it off the vacuum. I took both the tube and the bun away and put them in the sink, which lead to Caleb getting up from the table in a fit and following me over to the sink. He's not a hitter or a pusher, but at that moment he was so mad at me that he pushed my legs a little bit and said "Go away, Mom! I'm busy!" Hmmm....he must have gotten his anger out with that statement because he went back to the table and finished his lunch in peace. That was the beginning of my headache of an afternoon.
The real headache began when I tried to lay Caleb down for a nap. 45 minutes of him trying to pull my eyelashes (it hurt, by the way), trying to push me off the bed ("The floor is really cozy, Mom!") and putting his blanket over my face and holding it down, I had had it. I pulled out one of the only cards I had left: the "Mom 1, 2, 3". I said "1......2......" and without missing a beat, Caleb said "No, Mom! Don't say 1 and 2! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...Once I caught a fish alive!" and went right into singing a song from the Barney show. WHAT?!?! After me threatening to put him in his own bed, he promised to calm down. I closed my eyes and he was silent---I thought for sure this was it. Until, he put his nose to my nose, I opened my eyes and this is the face I saw staring back at me:
(I had him re-create the face for me once I was in a better mood!)
Needless to say, naptime today was a no-go. Luckily, because Daddy was home and because he could see that I was not in a mood to argue with, he let me take a snooze all by myself (blissful, blissful 20 minutes of sleep!). I'm now awake with another cup of coffee in my system and I think I have my act together. Bring it on, Caleb!
1 comment:
This brings to mind a time long ago when I knew a little girl who used to make a face very similar to that precious face with the wrinkled up nose in the picture you have posted here...the little girl is grown now and has children of her own, but I still remember the funny faces she made and they warm my heart!
Post a Comment