Sorry to anyone who likes it when I blog during the day. I enjoy blogging in the afternoon, but lately, my schedule (and children) haven't allowed it! :)
This morning was pretty fun for me and the kids but this afternoon, not so much. We met my good friend, Marisa, for lunch today. Caleb was THRILLED when I told him where we were going because he is pretty much in love with Marisa's one-year old daughter, Ava. Yes, I did mention his crush on Ellie (the 4-year old) a couple weeks ago, but his crush on Ava has been going on for months. He has even, at times, called his sister "Ava" only to have me remind him that his sister's name is "Hannah". That just proves that he thinks about Ava all the time!!
At lunch, he had a blast sitting next to her high chair and picking up whatever she would drop on the floor. It was a nice vacation for Marisa, who didn't have to bend over and pick stuff up every two seconds, and a nice vacation for me because I didn't have to bribe Caleb into sitting still the whole time. I got a cute picture of Ava that I would like to post but Chris is on the other computer and my memory card doesn't fit in this laptop that I'm using. (I'll be sure to post the cute pictures as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning, since it seems as though my dear husband will not be off the computer any time soon....) As you can expect, none of the pictures I tried to take of Ava and Caleb turned out since Caleb is the SQUIRMIEST PICTURE-TAKER EVER!! Seriously...at what age do children smile for the camera and not move until you say "got it!"????
After lunch, I took the kids on a nice walk around downtown Wayzata. I grew up there and always love to go back and hang out. We stopped at a baby boutique and got a "taggie-blanket" for Hannah and also a sun hat that would actually fit her. No picture of that right now, but maybe I'll get a good one of it tomorrow. It's super cute! I also found about a hundred things that I want to get for the kids at this boutique, but being a boutique, everything was very pricey! I guess I'll have to wait until we win the lottery....
This afternoon was not fun because my head started throbbing on our way home from Wayzata. I was looking forward to Zumba tonight, but had to skip it due to my headache and my stupid back. I have either a pinched-nerve or an "out of place" back. It's painful and annoying and requires me to carry everything--including my infant daughter--with my left arm. Ugh. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.
Cute story: Caleb is totally my child. For anyone that doubted it, let this story set you straight! On our way home from Wayzata, Caleb knew that I was going to make him take a nap when we got home, so he said "I need a smoothie! Pleeeease, Mom! We need to go to Caribous!" (For you out-of-towners, Caribou is a coffee shop chain.) He cried when I told him "no" and wailed "I need Caribous! I need Caribous!" for about three minutes straight. He knows my weakness: if I wouldn't have had a headache, I would have let him skip his nap just for a smoothie. :)
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Now is he your kid because he knows how to whine and get what he wants :) or because he loves Caribou! Both fit! :)
Caribou smoothies are yummy!!
Back stuff is no fun hun, hope you feel better!!!
Post a Comment