Today was a pretty routine day in our house. Not too much to blog about, I guess, but I'd feel weird going to sleep without writing anything. :)
The kids were still catching up from all the lack of sleep this weekend so they both slept until 8:30am. That's great---except I slept that long, too! Although my "lazy Monday" feeling was kicking in, I got the kids dressed, sunblocked, and out of the house for the Monday park playdate that we've missed three weeks in a row. (We even left early enough to stop at Starbucks!) Needless to say, the other moms were quite surprised to see us at the park but happy to see us, nonetheless. Nothing too exciting occurred at the park, but Caleb surprised some people by saying that he was "pretty busy" and therefore could not stop playing "gate keeper" at the top of the slide. (After a warning of a time-out, he decided that he wasn't so busy after all....) We got home around lunch time and then the kids went down for a nice long nap, which was quite unexpected. I ended up getting into one of those spontaneous organization moods and spent two hours sorting and organizing pictures from all the way back when Caleb was born. I didn't know that I had been holed-up in my craft room for that long, and by the time I got out, I felt like I needed a nice long nap! :) I didn't get one, however, because Hannah woke up at that moment and Caleb soon after her. One spilled 20-ounce bottle of Sprite, one toddler with the residue of Thin Mints all over his face, hands and shirt and one wet dog later (yes, Jack was in the pool again), it's bedtime for the kids and I am ready to go down as well. :)
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
After I read this all I could think about were the new Blizzard's at DQ...Girl Scout Thin Mint! :)
Thanks Andi...now I want a blizzard.
I love the random organizing that happens. I started the pictures and got about half way through.
Bug vacum - Target! They have all kinds of bug stuff there.
Post a Comment