This blog could be called "Katie = Sucker" OR "Caleb = Spoiled". I realized today that I'm a pretty big softy when it comes to "special treats". When I'm planning on running many errands at once, I typically tell Caleb that if he's a good boy then he'll get a "special treat". This treat could be ice cream, stickers, candy, McDonald's, something that Caleb really enjoys. Today, I offered up some good ol' Dairy Queen. Caleb was psyched at the prospect of ice cream and I thought we had a good thing going with this. At our first stop, Caleb noticed the candy rack as we were checking out and BEGGED for some Swedish Fish. (He called them "fruit snacks that look like fish".) I gave him the option: ice cream from DQ or the fish. The cashier had a good laugh while Caleb took his time deciding and finally chose the instant gratification: the fish. At the next stop (Archiver's), Caleb begged for stickers, which I said "no" to, surprisingly enough. All was well and I thought I had really put my foot down---until the cashier gave Caleb two stickers. (It would have been one, but after sticking the first sticker on his shirt, he said he wanted a different color sticker, so she gave him another. Ugh.) As we left this store, Caleb started begging for ice cream. After explaining that he had already chosen the fish, there were tears and more begging until I finally decided that a stop a DQ would be okay. So, the long and the short of it is (or maybe just the long of it??), Caleb got Swedish Fish, two stickers, a strawberry slushy, AND a sucker (from the cashier at the grocery store. Seriously, people! Stop giving the two-year old treats!). Plus, once we got home, he conned me into giving him more snacks. "But it's nutritious, Mom", he tells me. Yea, riiiiight....
I won't be posting any more until Sunday. Chris and I fly out tomorrow for South Carolina for Torie's graduation from basic training. I can't believe that I get to see my sister in two days!! Have a great week, everyone!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Have a great time at Torie's graduation! Give her a congratulatory hug for me!
Have a great time at the graduation!! Such a huge day for her.
And every parent has their sucker moments...I do whenever Ryan is out of town.
You ARE a big sucker! :P Have a fun trip!
Did you learn that sucker thing from your mother? I hear she's a pretty big sucker herself...HA!
If Caleb has you suckered at his tender age, what will it be like in 10 years? Hey, mom, I need a new laptop... And, I can just imagine the story in 15 years - hey, mom, I need a new car... LOL!
Post a Comment