Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Scary Time

Happy 7-month birthday to Hannah! (I have yet to get her 6-month pictures taken. That's what I get for being busy!!)

Chris and I realized today that we are entering a very scary time for both of our kids. In the mornings, Caleb likes to have his vitamins. He likes to have one Thomas the Tank Engine chewy vitamin and one Flintstones chewy vitamin (preferably a Dino one---kids are so particular!). This morning, I gave his vitamins to him and he went and sat on the floor by his sister while he watched cartoons. A good half hour later, he said "Where's my Pebbles???" (He had a Pebbles vitamin this morning, if you can't tell.) He had some how lost one of his chewy vitamins amidst the mound of blankets and toys on the floor---right where his 7-month old sister was rolling around. Ugh! I picked up all the blankets one at a time and shook them out. I searched and searched for that little vitamin feverishly so Hannah wouldn't find it first and try to eat it. I did not find it anywhere in the living room and therefore, refuse to put Hannah on the floor until it's vacuumed later this morning. I talked to Chris about it and we both agreed that we are entering a scary and hard time since Caleb has so many small toy parts and small snacks (fruit snacks, Goldfish crackers, etc) and Hannah is starting to love putting every little thing in her mouth. It was so easy with Caleb at this age because we had no other children and no other toys to be concerned about. Now, I'm going to lose my mind trying to keep everything away from her and also lose my mind trying to explain to Caleb why he can't have little things around Hannah. (He already says, "Hannah can't eat my food because she doesn't have teeth.")

On a note that is not similar at all, Caleb asked Chris an interesting question before bed the other night: "What is the bogeyman?" He then asked "Is the bogeyman in my room?" Chris said that it didn't seem Caleb was actually afraid of the bogeyman but just wanted to know who he was and where he lives. I think we're going to have some interesting days ahead of us....

1 comment:

CabinGarden said...

You don't know the half of it...yet. These are the fun times...the things you are dealing with now are good practice for what lies ahead! You guys will do just fine, though!!!