I guess I could title this blog "Caleb says the darnedest things" because it's so true! I did survive the whole balloon drop-off. My new trick: NOT using the double stroller. Who knew that it could get easier with two kids?? Ok, I won't go THAT far, but I am certainly glad that Hannah is to an age where I can take her out of her carseat and have her sit like a "big girl" in the front of a shopping cart. Today was the first day I tried it and it worked like a charm! I was also able to "skillfully negotiate" some good behavior from Caleb and he was a big helper in getting the balloons and not touching everything in the store, as most two-year olds love to do.
On to Caleb cute things today:
We stopped at McDonald's for a quick bite around lunchtime. Caleb had been munching on Goldfish crackers so I was telling him that while he didn't want anything nutritious, I wanted him to eat "one whole chicken nugget" so he could get a little protein. He made a look of concern and then said to me "But I can't eat the whole chicken nugget because then I would choke!!" :)
On our way to the hospital, Caleb said, "I see it, Mom!"
Me: "See what?"
Caleb: "I see an airplane! Can I drive an airplane when I get older?"
Me: "Sure! But you have to take lessons if you want to fly an airplane."
Caleb: "I don't need to take lessons to fly an airplane. I only need lessons for swimming." :)
Tonight while taking a bath, he was playing with a little shower thing that he has. He just pushes a button and it shoots water out of it like a shower head. He was squirting water out of it and Chris said "Can you make the water shoot up in the air?" Caleb surprised us by saying "I sure can!" and then he tilted the shower thing up and squirted his mother. I really think he takes after his daddy... :P
I realized today that Hannah thinks our coffee table is her own personal garage. Every time I walk away and come back into the living room, she has rolled under the table and is laying there on her tummy, watching the world go by. I haven't had a chance to get a picture of that today, but I'll try to get one tomorrow so you can see what I mean! :)
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That kid cracks me up! I love the things kids say!
Hannah might want to be a car when she grows up. There was a really funny article from The Onion about a girl that wanted to be a tractor when she grew up. I'll find that article and put it on my site tomorrow for you!
Post a Comment