Tuesday, July 15, 2008

All About Jack

I don't know how much I've mentioned about Jack but I thought I'd write a little bit about him. Jack is really great dog. He's the type of dog that was our baby before we had kids, but has gotten put on the back burner for the past 3 years. Poor puppy, but he actually doesn't seem to mind these days. He gets his basics--food, water, exercise--and in the evenings he cuddles with us while we watch TV. He loves to go pheasant hunting and pretends that he is the guard-dog of the house. I say "pretends" because he is actually very timid. I call him the "Scaredy Dog". :) We used to bring him everywhere we go, but now that we have two kids, we prefer to leave him at home. He doesn't mind and we love him just as much as we did when we was a puppy, if not more.
One great thing is that while Jack was very jealous when Caleb was first born, he hasn't been jealous at all with Hannah. In fact, he loves to lay down right next to her and let her grab his fur while he likes her hands and *tries* to lick her face. (I'm usually right there to tell him "no".) Hannah and Caleb love Jack, as well, and are always trying to play with him or cuddle with him these days.

Here is picture of Jack last weekend with YOGURT on his fur. Notice, it's not just on his face---it's also on his back. (Thanks to the two-year old in the house!)



I decided to write about Jack because of something Caleb did earlier today. Caleb and I were eating tortilla chips as a snack when Caleb said "Wanna see a magic trick?" He took a chip (which Jack loves, by the way), put it in a little plastic bowl on the floor and Jack ate it. "Ta-Da!" Caleb said. "It disappeared!" :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awe! I just love Jack! What a good puppy to sit there while he is painted with yogurt!