Saturday, August 2, 2008

Good to Go!

I'm officially declaring Caleb "Potty Trained". We left the house yesterday to go pick up my brother and Caleb didn't have an accident while we were away from home. That's a plus! Today will be the real test because we are going to Chris' grandma's birthday party, so we'll be gone for about 5 hours. I hope Caleb tells us when he has to go because he certainly won't go when we suggest it. My mom, dad and brother watched the kids last night while Chris and I went out to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday. Caleb had a great time showing everyone his new talents. I have to admit, he runs around with my brother so much that I thought for sure he would pee his pants out of laughter but nope--all was well.
Today will be a big day for Hannah at the birthday party. She is the first great-grandchild to have red hair, just like Chris' grandma. (At least I *think* she's the first?? Correct me if I'm wrong!!) All of Chris' relatives from around the country will be in town so it will be great to see them. I realized this morning that everyone will want to hold Hannah and gush over her, so I had to wash her hair so she smelled nice. It was a quick bath---I just held her over the sink in the bathroom and washed her hair. Caleb wanted to "help" which meant he stood on his little stool next to the sink and handed me the shampoo. While I was using my hand to wet Hannah's hair, Caleb asked "Is Hannah getting baptized??" Apparently, Caleb pays more attention to things than I think he does! :)

No comments: