Thursday, July 31, 2008

Blah day

The kids and I stayed home once again today. Mostly because we had nothing to do and lacked the energy to drive anywhere. On the potty front, Caleb didn't want to go potty when he woke up this morning (or anytime during the first hour after he woke up). His Pull-up was dry when he woke up, but since he refused to put on undies, he ended up going potty in his pull-up. Major disappointment but now we know to put undies on him ASAP after naptime or bedtime. All was well after that until this afternoon when he randomly said "I need to go play in my playroom for just a minute." Just a minute? That's code for "I need to go #2." I hollered to him and reminded him that he was wearing underwear. He came walking out of his room a minute later with legs about two feet apart and said "I need help. I went potty in my underwear." GREAT! At least he was pretty disgusted with it so he talked about how he wasn't going to do that anymore. From then on, it was all fine and I tried so hard not to ask him if he had to go every 10 minutes. I think my own craziness makes potty training stressful. At least I've figured this out before I train the second child, right?

Speaking of the second child, she is only 7-months old, but she's already experiencing "Second Child Syndrome". I realized today that I never got her 6-months pictures taken so I had to figure out if the adorable pink dress I wanted her to wear still fits (it does for now!) and quickly make an appointment for next week. Also, I realized (and this is the bad one) that I never scrubbed her crib from way back when Caleb had it. Mind you, we basically switched Caleb into his toddler bed right before Hannah was born, but still...the girl deserves a clean bed. She got a new mattress and new bedding, but the crib has chew marks on it and everything. Poor Hannah! Even with all of my hard-core nesting right before she was born, I never cleaned the crib! I finally got around to cleaning it this afternoon and you could just see the "thank you" in Hannah's eyes. (Well, she might have just been interested in the brightly-colored washcloth I was using....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Katie!!! You didn't scrub down the crib? How could you forget! HA! Just kidding. No one would have known if you hadn't told us! That is something that wouldn't even occur to me to do. And remembering eventually is better than never! :)