Well, my son is not yet three and we already need to start with some grammar tips. He woke up in a great mood this morning (as usual) and then proceeded to "not listen" when I told him NOT to throw his sister's pacifier down the stairs. I told him to go straight to the "time out chair" when we got downstairs and that he could have breakfast after his consequence. He, in a very jolly way, might I add, made his way to the time-out chair and said "I didn't listen to nobody! I got a time-out for breakfast!" I didn't listen to nobody? I suppose it makes sense when you are just learning the English language, but I think it's time to get him on the right track....
I also realized last night that I am a wimp. I pretty much knew this already, but last night confirmed it. The hubby was away at the hunting cabin last night so the kids and I were alone. Caleb stayed in bed the first time he was put there---surprisingly enough---and Hannah went to bed early. That left me with lots of free time so I rented a movie on On Demand. (I love that feature of the cable box! No going out to the video store with two crabby children!) After the movie, I went up to bed, only to realize that I was very very lonely. I even walked over to Caleb's room and stood outside of his bedroom door trying to decide if I should bring him into my room to make me feel less lonely. I decided against it which was a good thing since he woke up with a bad dream and ended up coming into my room at 11:30pm anyways. :) This is where I'm a wimp: I can't sleep in a room by myself anymore. When Chris comes home, I get to tell him how his own wife can't sleep in a room without him and how I laid in bed by myself before Caleb woke up just staring at the ceiling, wondering how I was going to fall asleep. He'll just laugh at me and ask if I left the bathroom light on for myself since I'm afraid of the dark. See??? WIMP! At least I'm not passing my fears down to my children, right? :p
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment