As you know, Caleb has quite an imagination. For some reason, he seems to like building "castles". He'll take a bunch of blankets and pile them up or situate them just right, then tell us it's his castle. Tonight, he made a "castle" in his playroom with his toy buckets. He strategically placed them all around the room then begged us for hours to go in it. (I say "hours" because he asked us right before dinner when we were about to sit down, then again as the Twins game was starting, then again when I was putting his sister down for her evening nap....it was always when we were busy doing something else.) Finally, Chris and I went into his "castle" so he could tell us the "story" about his castle. It was the first time he actually sat us down and acted like he was going to put on a show or something. Oh, come on---I know you loved to do that when you were a kid, too! My nieces are in the thick of it, so maybe that's where he learned it? Anyways, Caleb got us all situated and then he said "Once upon a time..." and told us a short and sweet story about how he built his castle and how he lives there. I swear, every day when I hear him talk, I feel like he's growing up too fast!! Speaking of that--one quick little tidbit--Caleb is now potty trained but he has a horrible habit of not wanting to put his underwear back on himself after he goes potty. For the past few days, I have been trying to get him to do it himself, but he has only done it a handful of times. Finally, today, I said "Caleb, you're almost three. You should do this yourself." He said "But, Mom. I can't do it because I'm just a two-year old."
Hannah was a crab-apple this morning but after a nice long afternoon nap, she was just peachy. Caleb had her laughing hysterically by just pretending to tickle her tummy. I think this girl is getting a sense of humor!!
I think one of the funniest things that happened to me today was when the doorbell rang this afternoon. It was a delivery man trying to deliver the Moonwalk for Caleb's birthday party one month too early. He was pretty confused when I explained that the party isn't until next month and he even left with a confused look on his face, like I was the one who was mistaken. Yes, sorry! There IS a birthday party going on in the backyard. I must have forgotten! :) Luckily, I checked out all of the correspondence I had done with the rental company and they always listed the correct date, so that's a relief! Man...like I need any more reminders that Caleb is about to turn 3!!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Is he really almost 3! I knew he was, but I didn't realize it was next month! Wow! He's getting big.
Post a Comment