What do we do at the fair, you might ask? For starters, we EAT EAT EAT!
Here is Caleb with a foot-long corn dog. (He wasn't sure if he would like it but after the second bite, he was sold.)

Here is Caleb with cotton candy. Yes, it IS bigger than his head and no, he didn't eat the whole thing. It turned into a sticky mess 5 minutes later and got thrown in the garbage.

Here is Caleb with the much-beloved corn on the cob. We actually walked past the corn stand twice because we were too full to fully appreciate the perfect corn, but we did make it back for just one ear.

The second thing we do is check out the tractors and other machinery. We didn't see as much this year as we normally do, but Caleb got to walk through the John Deer display and pretend that he was a farmer.

(This picture is a little blurry but you get the idea!)
Caleb will always be a little John Deer man...

The third thing we always do at the fair is see the animals. Caleb was fascinated with them from a distance, but once Chris got Caleb close to the cows and the pigs, Caleb would shout "Go away!!! Go away!!!" Too close for comfort, I guess. Caleb was about 6 inches from this pig who was literally trying to escape. He got so excited when Caleb go close to him that he tried to push right out of his area and that freaked Caleb out!!

Hannah enjoyed the scenery from her stroller, a was a little angel the whole time, of course. I tried to teach her how to snort but I guess she's just too young to get it...

The fourth thing we always have to do is ride on a couple rides. Daddy and Caleb always go down the "big slide", so here is a picture of them doing just that. It's blurry because it was taken from quite a distance and I had to crop it pretty close!

We met up with Chuck and Andi and they escorted us to the "Kiddie Park". Caleb had a great time riding some rides all by himself (because he was big enough for the first time ever!) Andi was nice enough to keep Hannah entertained while Mommy and Daddy took Caleb on a ride by ourselves. This picture is compliments of Chuck. Thanks, guys!

We've had our fill of the fair for this year and are prepared to wait a whole year for more cheese curds and pronto pups. We got home just in time for both kids to hop into PJs and head to bed. For me, summer is officially over! :)
5 comments:
You lucky girl!! We aren't going to get to go this year, things are just to crazy. We love the corn on the cob, and the corn dogs. We always get french fries too. Yum!!
It was so fun to run into you guys...even though we got lots of exercise trying to find you! :) Thanks for hanging with us for a bit! See you soon!
I can't believe you were at the fair yesterday! I was too! And I even got you a present (and a present for Caleb, but you know that already)!
As a true "farm" girl, I need to tell you that John Deere is spelled with an extra "e" at the end. Nothing runs like a "Deere"! The pictures were darling. reminded me a lot of the pictures we took of our kids at the Spencer Fair. Esspecially the one on the slide :-)
wow it looks you had so much fun~
Babies grow well~ I am happy that I can see them through your blog~ ; )
Post a Comment