Lately, we have been motivated to do some much needed changes to the inside of our house. Yesterday was a "Sweatpants Day" as the kids and I lounged around and waited for the carpet cleaner guy to arrive. He ended up getting here in the afternoon (there go my morning plans!) and 1.5 hours late so it was a tad aggravating,. Luckily, the carpets look wonderful and it was a MUCH NEEDED cleaning!! Unrelated to house changes, I went on a MOMS Night Out last night with some girls from MOMS Club. We went to the local beauty school for manicures and pedicures and then to Applebee's for drinks and food. I was planning on getting home early since normally these nights go pretty late (we've got some partiers in the group!), but it was NOT an early night! The mani/pedis took 3 HOURS! It wasn't that I was just sitting there for three hours---I was getting my nails done for THREE HOURS! I was one of the few who actually ended up with nice nails. Most of the ladies I was with had nails that were worse-off when they left. Too bad! We were all starving by the end since none of us had eaten dinner. Silly us thought that mani/pedis would only take an hour and a half, so we headed to Applebee's for some food and just made it before the kitchen closed. (Here in the Boondocks, restaurants close early!)
Back to house stuff! We had a painter paint the main level of our house about a 1.5 years ago but didn't have him paint the upstairs because we thought for sure we could do it ourselves. Let's just say, that never happened. 1.5 years later, we still have white walls in the rooms we wanted to paint. We could just paint ourselves when the kids go to bed but we'd be painting right outside their bedrooms, so that wouldn't work too well. It's just easier to call the painter back and have him do it. He came over this morning to do an estimate and I remembered how nice of a guy he is when he was here. Caleb was screeching at the top of his lungs to get some attention while both Chris and I were talking with the painter and it was ear-piercing!! After all that silliness, the painter left and Caleb immediately said "I love that man. He's the best!" Haha! If you say so!
Another random side note: I went the chiropractor this morning and had my JAW adjusted. Anyone ever had this done before? I felt like she was punching me in the face but apparently this will help my neck issues. Interesting!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My neck and shoulders are always sore. Maybe all I have been missing is a good punch in the face! I'll keep that in mind!
Now you do know that you and I could have gotten a couple rooms done in the same amount of time it took us to paint your bedroom! Silly job getting int he way of me painting your house!
It's always harder to get motivated to paint your own house than it is to paint someone else's! I am already dreading painting another whole house. But I am also kind of looking forward to it! I think I am mentally moved out of my house already!
Post a Comment