Monday, August 25, 2008

Tummy Aches

Well, today wasn't the best day ever, due to both kids having a touch of a tummy virus. Unfortunately, this was noticed while we were at a park 30 minutes away from our house. We went through two of Hannah's diapers and one pair of Caleb's undies while at the park (yes, the undies got thrown away) and had to leave because I didn't want to risk another accident. We were hoping to spend much of the morning and afternoon at this park and running errands afterwards, but our plans were put on hold, as you can imagine. The good thing is that neither Caleb nor Hannah seemed to be in much discomfort and they were both eating like normal. I guess I got the brunt of the yuckiness since Chris was at work but I was sure to call and complain to him several times. The yucky diapers would have been fine (I am a mother, after all. I signed up for it, right?) but Caleb was being a huge pill so that made the day much more frustrating. I think he left his good behavior at the park because he was definitely in a rare mood for the rest of the day. He didn't want to take a nap so when he went to bed (a little early tonight), he fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow---luckily! I hope the kids feel better tomorrow because we were originally hoping to go to the mall and search for Halloween costumes. We'll be playing it by ear, I think!

A couple cute things were said today, despite the head-butting that was going on between Caleb and myself. He was wearing headphones in the car on the way to the park this morning but he was trying to talk to me, so he was talking VERY LOUD! I was trying to tell him to take the headphones off, but he definitely couldn't hear me. He was shouting at the top of his lungs "I have something in my eye and I want a hamburger!" Two very unrelated comments, and he couldn't hear me tell him that we don't typically eat hamburgers at 9:00am. Around the same time, he also told me, "If you go to Africa and go by the water, a little hippopotamus will come up to you and you can hold it." Well...I think we'll wait for him to get a little older before we head to Africa and test his theory. :)

Seriously....I'll post some pictures tomorrow... Katie = Slacker!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a slacker! I am going to forget what they look like if I don't have pictures soon! :)