Friday, November 28, 2008

Home Again, Home Again...

On Wednesday night, as Chris was putting the kids in bed for the night, I was on my way to the airport to meet someone very dear to me. This person was flying in from being gone for a few months and I was SO excited to see her. Who is it, you may ask?? It was my sister, Torie!!! She was in Texas to train as a medic for the Army and she is going to be home for about 2 1/2 weeks. She is now trained as a Combat Medic, so don't mess with her or she'll stick an IV in you! (Kidding...I think...)

The soldier herself, making a crazy face for the camera:


A tearful hug with her best friend, Kay (who hadn't seen her in over 6 months):


Here is Torie explaining what her bunk situation was like during training. Either that, or she is talking about a really big fish that she once caught....


We couldn't just say "hello" then "good-bye" to Torie, so the 4 of us (Torie, Kay, my mom and me) headed over to IHOP for some stuffed french toast and tons of laughing. At least we know that Torie hasn't lost her hilarious sense of humor!! By the way, when asked what she is really looking forward to doing while home, Torie said that she can't wait to "shower without shoes on"! I think that can be arranged... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Torie's home!

Erin Lewis said...

Torie looks GREAT!!! I am so proud of her! Wow, a medic . . . what an accomplishment! Please tell Torie that I can relate to wanting to shower without shoes on . . . and not being "on" all the time.