I love Christmas, as you know. I love everything about it, but one thing that I really enjoy is buying gifts for everyone that I love. This year is a little bit more difficult because Caleb is so hard to shop for (he already has everything!!) and Hannah's birthday is right before Christmas, so it's almost like I need to "double shop" for her. I thought I had everything figured out, however. After lots of research and looking around, I found great gifts for both kids that have great reviews and aren't too "toyish". My craft room is my temporary "Santa's Workshop" and that is where I've been keeping all of the Christmas gifts that I've been purchasing. There is a child-proof lock on the outside of my craft room door, so Caleb cannot get in when the door is closed.
Well, a couple weeks ago, I made a mistake and left the door open a tad. Caleb was up in his bedroom when I realized what I had done, so I quickly ran up there, expecting him to be in the room looking at all the new stuff. I was relieved to see that he was in his bedroom so I asked him if he had gone in the craft room. He said no with such sincerity that I believed him. Foolishly, I have thought for weeks that he didn't go in the room and see the gifts, and foolishly, I was wrong. In the past couple of days, he's been talking about the "little blue and yellow race cars that Mom bought". I've been confused by this because he doesn't own any little blue or yellow race cars, so I've brushed it off every time he's talked about it. Yesterday, we got a Fisher Price catalog in the mail which is one of Caleb's favorite things because he pages through it and says that he wants everything on every page. He turned the page to a "Shake'n'Go Drag Race Track" and said "Hey, Mom! You have this up in your craft room!! Is it for me??" I took a look at it and sure enough, it was the exact one I had purchased and stuck in my craft room for Christmas. And guess what, the race cars are blue and yellow! Not only am I a really bad elf, but I also need to teach my three-year old to tell the truth....
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is too funny! Oh I can't wait for those days!
Post a Comment