Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Christmas Survey

I'm in such a Christmas mood lately, so I just had to "borrow" this survey from Sarah and post it, too. I did a little more shopping today and was thrilled at the gifts I found. Plus, all of our Secret Santa drawings have been done so I can really finish all of my shopping in the next couple of weeks. You're going to think I'm crazy, but my Christmas cards are ready to send out, too. The envelopes are stuffed and addressed with stamps on them and everything! Is it December yet???


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually wrapping paper because I think it's more fun for kids if they get to rip off the paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, baby!

3. When do you put up your tree? Our tradition is to cut down the tree and put it up the day after Thanksgiving. This year we are doing it early (due to a Wild hockey game, haha!) so we are getting our tree on Saturday! Whoo-hoo!

4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day

5. Do you like egg nog? Not the real stuff with alcohol in it, but I will drink the kind you buy at the store.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Pretty much anything Barbie, but my most memorable gift was a Barbie Ferrari that my mom said I couldn't get. I really thought Santa was real when I saw the Ferrari under the tree!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I put up a Willow Tree Nativity scene on our mantel.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Chris' parents!! You guys have everything and never need anything! ;)

9. Easiest person to buy for? My aunt (she loves anything with snowmen on it!)

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, of course!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't think that I've ever received a gift that I thought was bad. I once got an ugly sundress as a gift (yes, a sundress in December) but it was from an ex-boyfriend.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Normally, as soon as possible, which is usually at the beginning of November. Last year I didn't start until the beginning of December and I felt rushed!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Lutfisk!! I'm not lying! It is my favorite holiday food, hands down.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear/White

17. Favorite Christmas song? I have so many! My favorite one from the radio is "Mary Did You Know". Ever since I had Caleb, that song speaks to me as a mother. Wouldn't it be surreal to have someone tell you that your son is the son of God?!?!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Christmas Eve at my in-laws, Christmas morning with my kids, Christmas Night with my side of the family, traditionally. This year, it's switched around a bit and sometimes we drive to Iowa (to my aunt's house) for Christmas Night.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course! Dasher,
Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner & Blitzen , Rudolph!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star, only because I can't find an angel that I like so far. I've been looking for 5 years!!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve with the in-laws, Christmas morning with my kids/husband (that's when the Santa presents are there) and Christmas Night with my family.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The materialism of the season and trying to find a parking spot at the mall. Ugh!!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have tons of Hallmark ornaments but our "color theme" is red and silver.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Swedish/Norwegian!! Lutefisk, Potato Bologna, Boiled Potatoes, Lefse, Rye Bread, Bundost Cheese, Oostkaka, etc.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Well, lots of little stuff. I told Chris that I want new pots and pans but they are *pricey* so I might have to get those AFTER Christmas! :)

1 comment:

Erin Lewis said...

Thanks for the answers - I loved them! I can't wait for Christmas either. Usually I am all over the music, decorations, etc but this year with the new baby I am behind!