Thursday, November 20, 2008

Much Better!!

If you read yesterday's post (and all of my venting), please know that today is MUCH better. Not just because Caleb was at preschool for most of the day, but because I got a ton done. Hannah and I went to MOPS this morning and that is always very refreshing. We then ran a whole bunch of errands, and actually finished our "Adopt-a-Family" shopping (and wrapping) which was a HUGE project to accomplish!!

The newest fascination at our house is with the "Fancy Nancy" children's books. (Click here to see what I'm talking about.) Fancy Nancy is a little girl who loves everything fancy--even her words. She says things like "That is excellent. Excellent is a fancy word for good" or "That's disgusting. Disgusting is a fancy word for gross." You get the idea! All the books are really cute and really fun to read. We were driving home from preschool today and I said, "Man, I'm exhausted." Just to be funny, I added "Exhausted is a fancy word for tired." Without missing a beat, Caleb said "But, Mom. You are NOT fancy." Wow, he really has me pegged, now doesn't he?? ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you are fancy even if Caleb doesn't! :)

Erin Lewis said...

You are definitely fancy . . . but isn't it funny how kids think of their parents? I know Robbie is going to think Kevin and I are big dorks when he grows up! The sad part is that it is true! ;)