Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas Already?!?!

On Saturday, we did something I'll bet you haven't even thought of doing yet this year: we got our Christmas tree! We always go to a really nice "Mom and Pop" Christmas Tree farm in Hudson and Chris cuts the tree down himself. We were their third customer of the year which was pretty cool! (I was hoping to be the first, but what can you do?) We always go the day after Thanksgiving but due to a Wild hockey game that day, we had to get our tree earlier than usual. It really put us in the Christmas spirit and both kids enjoyed picking the tree out. (It was Hannah's first year!)


Also a first this year, we had to purchase a gate to go AROUND the tree. Our poor Christmas tree is really held captive this year! We never needed a gate when Caleb was little but Hannah is into EVERYTHING and she's fascinated with the tree. Therefore, in an attempt to keep it looking nice (and keep the baby safe, I suppose), our tree looks like it's in jail. :)

If Chris reads this (he's at work), please note that this is the *newly decorated* tree. Same tree, more decor. We all decorated the tree together, then Chris said "I think it needs more bling." The kids and I went to Target today and got MORE lights and MORE silvery ornaments. When we got home from Target, I took every decoration off the tree---even the lights---and put new lights and more ornaments on. I've never decorated a tree by myself before and I have to say, I did it pretty quickly! :)

On Sunday morning, I tried to take the kids' picture in front of the tree, but this is all I got:




Someday I'll be able to get good pictures of both kids....right???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that they are wrestling. I am sure Hannah wants in the gate and Caleb is keeping her out! Was there screaming? :) I think the fence makes the tree look special...like it's on display (kind of like plastic on couches). :)