Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas!!!

Well, Christmas 2008 is now behind us. I am always a little sad when Christmas is over but we had a wonderful time celebrating (so I can't be too sad!).

On Christmas Eve we went over to my in-laws' house to celebrate, as usual. We had a great time with lutefisk, lefse, rice pudding and of course, tons of family and gifts. Here is the whole clan (minus Carrie who was taking the picture and Peggy and Floyd who were sitting next to Carrie):


That night, Caleb really got into the whole "Santa thing". He put out cookies and milk on our Santa plate, and even remembered to put out a carrot for the reindeer. He also sprinkled some "Reindeer Dust" on our front lawn so Santa would be able to see our house really well. ("Reindeer Dust" is just a mix of oatmeal and glitter.) He got to bed a little later than usual which is totally fine since it was a special night. The night wasn't so great for Hannah, however. She woke up three times because she was having a coughing fit. Her cough sounded really croupy and Chris and I were worried that we might have to take her to Urgent Care. She slept in for awhile in the morning (as her brother was tearing into gifts) and that seemed to help her. She woke up feeling 100% on Christmas morning.

Some highlights:

Hannah helping Daddy pick up wrapping paper:


Caleb with his new computer. It hooks up to the TV and is very educational. Daddy helped Santa pick that one out...


These are some adorable banks that Santa brought for the kids. I love them although Caleb has already figured out how to unscrew the "tummy" and get coins out.


Both kids playing with the new kitchen that Grandma and Grandpa got for Hannah.


Sibling rivalry ensued after just a few minutes of playing with the kitchen. Here is Caleb trying to cover the kitchen with his whole body so Hannah can't play with it:


After opening gifts and having some caramel rolls for breakfast, we did something that we have never done on Christmas Day: RELAX!! We spent the day sitting around and putting toys together. It was wonderful to have a day to get everything together and in place. Normally, we celebrate with my side of the family on Christmas Day but since we had already celebrated with them, we had no place to be. I think I stayed in my PJs until about 3pm and even then, I put on sweat pants. Awesome!!

I hope your Christmas was as relaxing and fun as ours has been. Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: