Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gander Mountain

*Caleb recently decided to name the soda Sierra Mist, "Gander Mountain". We were having dinner one night and a there was a 2L of Sierra Mist on the table. It must have been because there are mountains on the label because Caleb said "Can I have some Gander Mountain?" We told him the correct name for it, but he still calls it that! Chris lost his voice on Saturday and was explaining to Caleb where our voice box is and that led to explaining where the throat is. Caleb said "But my throat is in my tummy." We explained further that the throat leads to the tummy so things like water can get into the tummy. Caleb said "Oh! And root beer goes down there and so does Gander Mountain!" I think he gets the concept but he just won't stop with the "Gander Mountain" business! :)

*Caleb came up to me in the living room with a fake microphone. He stuck it up to my face and said, "Mommy, state your problem." Seriously, where do kids come up with this stuff?!?!

*Everyone knows that Hannah is a fast crawler but now, if you even attempt to pick her up when she thinks she's getting away with something, she'll crawl away faster than you can catch her. The other day, I walked into the playroom to see what she was up to. She was sitting on the floor playing with one of Caleb's toys. It happened to be a toy that she was allowed to play with (no small parts, etc) but she thought I was going to pick her up and take it away. All of a sudden, she flung her whole body into our little ball pit. Seriously, "flung" is the only word I can use to describe how fast she got in there---it was like she was auditioning for "Mission Impossible" or something. She was all proud of herself but I had to leave the room to start laughing....

*I had left my cell phone on the couch one day but forgotten that it was there. All of a sudden, Caleb held up my phone and said "Katie! You have a phone call!" He was so proud of himself because he said that he "turned it on" by himself. Well, what he did was call one of my friends. She had been on the phone for almost a full minute just listening to Caleb breathe heavily on the line. She wasn't sure who was on the phone (if it was me crying or someone else) so she kept saying "Katie? Is this you? Are you okay?" It was pretty funny when she found out that it was my 3-year old that called her! (It was also funny to hear Caleb call me "Katie". That never happens anymore!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHHA! You have to keep your eye on that kid! He's getting tricksy! I love all the Caleb stories! They crack me up! I hope my kids will be funny. But knowing my genes, they'll be as dull as I am! :)

Erin Lewis said...

Those stories are hilarious! I can't wait until little Robbie (and his future siblings) give us funny stories to share! Happy New Year to your family!

babysitting buissness said...

Funny, he is such a ham!! I still tell people the story about when you came to our house last year around Christmas and Caleb saw all of our neighbor's Christmas decorations and said "Is that Christmas?".