He's a friendly fellow who enjoys his routine of eating lettuce and hiding under his log. However, to get him to our house, I had to put him in his "travel aquarium", giving him less space than he is used to and also leaving his blessed log at my parents' house. So far, he is a little bit anxious to be at our house and has been very alert the whole time. Caleb has enjoyed watching him claw the side of the aquarium. We heard Caleb have a little conversation with him earlier and it was really cute. He said "Welcome to your new home, Sir Rock." Then he said to Chris and I, "I think he's scared of us because he's trying to dig to China!!" Pretty smart for a 3-year old... I'll let Sir Rock run around a little bit tomorrow (in a safe place, of course) and maybe he'll be less anxious about staying in a new place for awhile. :)
Monday, December 29, 2008
Sir Rock
On Friday night, my parents and brother, Ben, came over for dinner. We had a great time visiting before the three of them embarked on their "journey" the next day. They left on Saturday for a road trip back to my dad's place in Colorado. My mom and brother will sight-see for a week while my dad works, then they will all drive down to Texas to where my sister is currently staying with the Army. While they most likely won't get to see her (she is being deployed to Iraq on January 2nd---keep her in your prayers!!), they will pick up her car so it won't sit in Texas unused for over a year. Then they will part ways as my dad drives back to Colorado and my mom and brother drive back to good ol' Minnesota. What an adventure!! While they are away, we get to baby-sit their Russian Tortoise, Sir Rock.

He's a friendly fellow who enjoys his routine of eating lettuce and hiding under his log. However, to get him to our house, I had to put him in his "travel aquarium", giving him less space than he is used to and also leaving his blessed log at my parents' house. So far, he is a little bit anxious to be at our house and has been very alert the whole time. Caleb has enjoyed watching him claw the side of the aquarium. We heard Caleb have a little conversation with him earlier and it was really cute. He said "Welcome to your new home, Sir Rock." Then he said to Chris and I, "I think he's scared of us because he's trying to dig to China!!" Pretty smart for a 3-year old... I'll let Sir Rock run around a little bit tomorrow (in a safe place, of course) and maybe he'll be less anxious about staying in a new place for awhile. :)
He's a friendly fellow who enjoys his routine of eating lettuce and hiding under his log. However, to get him to our house, I had to put him in his "travel aquarium", giving him less space than he is used to and also leaving his blessed log at my parents' house. So far, he is a little bit anxious to be at our house and has been very alert the whole time. Caleb has enjoyed watching him claw the side of the aquarium. We heard Caleb have a little conversation with him earlier and it was really cute. He said "Welcome to your new home, Sir Rock." Then he said to Chris and I, "I think he's scared of us because he's trying to dig to China!!" Pretty smart for a 3-year old... I'll let Sir Rock run around a little bit tomorrow (in a safe place, of course) and maybe he'll be less anxious about staying in a new place for awhile. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment