Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Still Sick...
We are having our second "sick day" of the week. Caleb stayed home from school yesterday to get over his cold. As he does almost every day, he played with play dough in the afternoon. I noticed him putting chunks of play dough in his ears so he got quite a scolding and a lesson about not putting things in ears. After he was done playing with the dough, I saw that his nose was running....only it was running pink liquid. Remembering that he had been playing with pink play dough, I got it out of him that he had stuck a little bit of play dough UP HIS NOSE!!! We got it out---it wasn't a lot---but enough to make everything pink. He then started complaining that his ears hurt. Thinking there was play dough in there, too, I questioned him over and over. He kept saying that he hadn't put more play dough in his ears but kept complaining that his ears hurt. Finally, when Chris got home, we decided to take him to the pediatrician. Sure enough, no play dough in the ears but he has a double-ear infection. So, the long and the short of it is that we canceled all of our plans for today so we could spend one more day at home. It's not that bad since both kids are in good spirits and heck, I'm always looking for an excuse to wear sweat pants all day! The pediatrician said that Caleb should be fine to go to preschool tomorrow, so we'll see how everything shapes up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Goodness! You guys are a mess! :) You better be in tip top shape by Saturday! Because sick or not...I'm coming over! :)
Post a Comment