Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Who ate all of the Christmas cookies???

JACK!!!!


(He looks pretty happy in this picture because it wasn't taken right after he ate the cookies. I was too mad to get the camera and take a "guilty" picture of him!)

Yesterday, while I took both kids upstairs for a bath, Jack decided to help himself to some Christmas cookies. He pulled the whole big Tupperware off the counter and onto the floor and was halfway through the cookies when I came down and screamed. There were some sugar cookies left in the Tupperware, and Caleb walked over and picked one up. Immediately, I told him to put it down because we were going to have to throw them all away. (There was dog slobber on the cookies that weren't eaten....) Poor Caleb was so sad. He said "But Uncle Kent and Kyle helped me make these!!" Chris felt so bad for Caleb when he found out the situation that he has vowed to make cookies with Caleb on Saturday. I'm sure I'll be taking lots of pictures because Caleb and Chris have never made cookies together. As for the naughty puppy, he had a MAJOR time-out in his kennel after his cookie stealing. He also had to sleep in the kennel last night because we were sure that he would get sick. I woke up to a clean kennel this morning, so I guess he's feeling okay. That is despite his remorse, of course!!

We also have a couple of new problems on our hands with Hannah. She is climbing like mad and getting into everything. Here are some examples:



Also, she is starting to have her own opinions on what she likes and doesn't like. Not a problem normally, but she has decided that she hates going to bed. 90% of the time when we set her in her crib now, no matter how tired she is, she stands up and screams at us! If she's tired, she only fusses for a minute before deciding to lay down, but if she's not tired, I really get an earful!!

Caleb is home sick today. He has been trying to get over his cold since Sunday and it IS getting better. However, he was scheduled to swim at school today and I thought that wasn't such a good idea when he was still sick. So, we're going to stay home and catch up on the laundry and clean up the playroom. What a day!! I know you're jealous!! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Look at Hannah on her toes trying so hard to open the door! She's going to be trouble! You're going to have your hands full aren't you!? Wait until you have another! You'll need to get a few more extra arms to get anything done! :)

I'm excited for Saturday and to watch the boys make cookies!