Thursday, December 4, 2008

Winter Wonderland

We finally got more than a half-inch of snow. When I walked out of MOPS this morning with Hannah, it was snowing like crazy. I loved it!! Even though I had tons of errands to run, it wasn't too cold outside and the snow was just gorgeous. I wasn't able to take a picture of it (boo-hoo!) but if you haven't seen a beautiful snow fall before, let me know and I'll FIND a picture for you! :)

Caleb is back up to par so the household is back to normal. After spending two full days at home, I think Caleb, Hannah and I were just sick of each other, so a day full of errands and preschool was much needed. (Sometimes, I really enjoy running around like a chicken with it's head cut off!) :) Chris even came home early today and I'm not ashamed to say that we were ALL taking naps by 4pm this afternoon. Caleb slept longer than us all and even slept through dinner---with us sitting three feet away from him and not being quiet at all. He woke up a little groggy and that is when I noticed a new phrase that he is using. He said "Hannah is ruining my nap!" when his little sister came over to see what he was up to. A half hour later, he said "Hannah is ruining my blue blanket!" when he had it all laid out on the floor and she crawled on top of it. I'm afraid this whole "Hannah is ruining..." phase will not go away soon since we're just entering the years of sibling arguments. Luckily, Hannah's still a push-over so she doesn't mind when Caleb takes her dolls and plays "Daddy". :)

I also noticed a little while after Caleb woke up from his nap that he had wet his pants while sleeping. There wasn't much on the couch but when I asked him about it, his response was pretty funny. I said "Caleb, did you pee on the couch when you were taking your nap??" He looked so sad all of a sudden and said "I'm sorry, Mom. I knew that I shouldn't! I knew that I shouldn't!" He said it with such remorse that I just had to hide my face and giggle. (I think I have to hide my face and giggle almost every day, but that's life with a silly 3-year old, I guess!)

Tomorrow should be fun. We're going to see Santa, so stay tuned for either a great picture or a great story about how we tried and tried to get the kids to sit on Santa's lap but it just didn't happen! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the snow, too. But I hope a big snow holds off until Chuck gets back. I don't want to clean the driveway while he is gone. But I would have to because my car won't get up the driveway if its snowy! One requirement of our new house will be a FLAT driveway! :)