Friday, December 5, 2008

Santa Baby

We got to meet Santa today at Macy's in Minneapolis. It's one of our favorite annual traditions and this year, it was Hannah's first time sitting on Santa's lap. (Although, she is in my big pregnant belly in our picture from last year.) The kids were decked out in some adorable Christmas outfits that they got from our "other" grandma and grandpa, Allen and Lois from Marshalltown. They were such cute outfits and they arrived with perfect timing---just in time for our Santa visit!

We DID get a decent picture!


You can tell that Caleb is a little nervous by the way he is smiling and this is the only shot they got of Hannah looking straight ahead. She was fascinated with Santa's face and spent the majority of the time twisted around so she could look him in eye. I'm so thrilled that neither of the kids were scared of Santa, since that's an issue we had to deal with last year...

We also checked out the "A Day In the Life of Santa's Elf" display on the 8th floor at Macy's. I almost wished the display was "The Nutcracker" this year instead of last year because Caleb is OBSESSED with nutcrackers right now. We have one that we received as a gift and Caleb often sticks dog treats in it's mouth. :)

After the Christmas fun, the excitment of seeing Daddy downtown and the exhaustion of having lunch with two over-tired children, the kids and I headed home. I suggested that Caleb close his eyes and snooze in the truck on the way home, but he said "Mom, I'm not REALLY tired. I'm just a LITTLE bit tired." As it turned out, both kids fell asleep before we were even out of downtown. (A mother just knows!) :)

No comments: