Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to Normal....Kind of

A few days of no blogging makes Katie a crazy person! Actually, blogging had to be put on the back-burner for awhile due to busy busy busy days!! Here's a re-cap of our latest adventures:

Friday/Saturday: Chris painted our master bedroom. Some of you have seen that room and know that it's no small feat, that's for sure! I painted that room two years ago with the help of my friend, Andi, but since our new comforter did not match that color AT ALL, it was time to re-paint. Of course, I thought it was just a regular old paint job, and Chris kept telling me that it would be tons of work. Turns out, he was right. He had to re-mud and sand down some sheet rock and also fix lots of nail-pops and other stubborn places of the walls. Poor guy worked his tail off but to his credit, the room looks fabulous!! I'll post a picture next week when I can actually hang up some decorations in there. :)

Sunday: Vikings Play-offs!! We headed up to Blaine in the early afternoon to watch the Vikings game at my in-laws' house. (I hope they didn't mind---we just like to hang out up there!!) :) On the way, we brought our old dining room table/chairs to my brother's house. Of course, it's more of a kitchen table, but it's been with me for years so it had some sentimental value. It now has a good home with my brother and his wife. As for the Vikings game, we lost so we're not going to the play-offs after all. However, it was exciting to think that we actually had a shot at it!! (Maybe next year, right? Riiiiight....)

Monday: We had one more day to relax before our regular schedule started up again. Chris went to work while the kids and I did a little errand-running. I was relaxed and happy all day knowing that my mom, dad and brother all made it home from their respective road-trips earlier that morning. When we got home from our errands, Caleb burned off more energy by making "contraptions" all around the house. That's his latest hobby. He says "Mom, I invented this contraption!!" and then tells me all about it. (I'm sure the Christenson clan won't be forgetting the "Ruff 'n' Buff" any time soon. When asked what the contraption did, Caleb said "It ruffs, then it buffs." Well, there you go!) After showing off one of his contraptions, I explained that it was a coincidence that he was building these inventions since his daddy writes papers to make sure that people don't steal other people's invention ideas. (I'd say that's as "Lamen's Terms" as I can get with that one!) Caleb promptly looked at me with stern eyes and said, "Mom, don't steal my invention." No threat there, I assured him!! :)

Tuesday (today): Today is our "back to normal" day. It's Caleb's first day back to preschool from having 2 weeks off. He was actually happy to go and see his friends, so that was great. Of course, Hannah can't figure out where the heck her brother is. She had been having so much fun with him lately and now she's stuck with just Mommy today! Poor girl! ;) Today is also a little bit somber for me. Earlier this morning, my little sister got on a plane headed to Iraq. She has finally been deployed and she'll be over there for 12-18 months. Please keep her in your prayers. I worry for all the regular safety issues, but I also worry because that girl is a dare-devil! She's really good at putting herself last when it comes to taking care of other people, which is a good thing, but not a good thing when it's concerning her health!! I'm sure I'll hear from her very soon as to what her situation is once she arrives in Iraq, so I'll keep you all posted.

One other issue that I encountered this past weekend is a broken laptop!! I'm not proud to say it, but I broke it myself. I was trying to install a program, then un-installed it (per my computer-tech husband's advice) and I wrecked my computer. He had to reinstall Windows and all sorts of other stuff. I felt like my left arm was missing for days which is probably one reason why I didn't blog. I always blog on my laptop! :) Even the laptop is back to normal now, but if you could please send me an email so I can re-add your email address to my address book, that would be wonderful! (Thanks to those who have already done so.) :)

1 comment:

*gEEns* said...

I forgive you for not blogging for 4 whole days... but i was REALLY starting to wonder what you had been up too! :) Can't wait to see pictures of your "new" bedroom! :)