Monday, January 19, 2009
It's a Good Thing He's Cute....
Caleb is very cute but he also has a mind of his own, which can be frustrating sometimes. He's a perfect combination of Chris' brains and my sassiness. This morning would be a perfect example of how aggrivating a 3-year old can be: we were trying to get out the door and he refused---absolutely refused---to put on his socks. That was a battle that I patiently got through. Then, it was time for his shoes to go on. After literally 10 minutes of "I don't WANT to wear shoes today" and the sobbing that came with me telling him that he'll have to stay home if he's not going to wear shoes, my blood pressure had certainly risen. We finally got in the car and ventured to our destinations, which included a children's store, a book store and Walgreen's. By the time we got home, I was ready for a nap but I knew Caleb wouldn't take one since he screamed, "I'M NOT TIRED, I'M ANGRY!!!" when I suggested it. Ugh. I was on the verge of losing my mind when he also refused to eat lunch. Okay...I can get through this, right? Well, I did get through it, but what made the day brighter was a comment Caleb made to me later in the day. He finally asked for an apple (which was a great idea for a snack, since he didn't have lunch at all) and as he was biting into it, he said "My apple is dripping all over the place!!" I handed a paper towel to him and what he said next melted my heart. Without missing a beat, he said "Thanks, Mom! You are so wonderful! You always have everything I need!" To hear that from the child that was driving me nuts earlier in the day was very refreshing. He made the day better right there with that little statement. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is a good thing he's cute! That is hilarious, though! :)
Oh man, I can't wait until Robbie says stuff like that . . . but I am dreading the battles that are inevitable!
Post a Comment