Saturday, January 24, 2009

SO BUSY!!

Sorry for the lack of posts, once again. Every now and then our schedule just sneaks up on us and we get so busy! Here's a little recap of our busy (but fun!) days lately:

Wednesday: We were supposed to go to playgroup and some other places in the morning but I woke up feeling really yucky. We had our shoes on and were just about to walk out the door when I decided that we should stay home instead. It was a very low-key day which the kids didn't mind. (I felt better a couple hours later. No, it was NOT morning sickness!!) It really gave Hannah a chance to brush up on her walking skills (which are still fun to watch!) and Caleb watched a new Winnie the Pooh movie at least twice. And for the record, you're right, this day was NOT busy. However, when you're under the weather, it's hard to get motivation to do anything---even blog! :)

Thursday: Because our plans were canceled due to the weather last Thursday, everything was rescheduled for this Thursday. Caleb went to preschool while Hannah and I went to MOPS, which was so much fun. Both of my kids were out of sorts this day--Caleb was very clingy when I tried to drop him off at school and Hannah actually cried in the nursery for the first time. Not sure what was going on with them, so I decided to have them both take good naps when we got home that afternoon. As it turned out, Caleb fell asleep just before 5pm (very late for a nap!) and refused to wake up in time for swimming lessons that night. Ugh!! We ended up skipping lessons and the kids stayed home with Daddy while I ran some errands by myself. (It's really amazing how quick errands can be when you aren't dragging two children along with you!!)

Friday: Low-key day at home, and then our good friends, Chuck and Andi, came over for dinner. Caleb was saying all day that he was "scared of Chuck". This was quite a contrast from the last time we saw them when Caleb walked around saying "Oh, I love Chuck!" all day. (I guess it's a love/hate relationship! j/k) Even after Chuck played with him in his playroom for a good half-hour, Caleb still said "I'm scared of Chuck." Sorry, Chuck! I guess you just can't win with a 3-year old!

Today is Saturday and we have an amazingly busy day planned. Chris is currently at the Boat Show in Minneapolis with his brothers and dad. When he gets home, I'm going to rush to a hair appointment. (Stay tuned for more pictures of my crazy hair!!) When I get back, we all--including the dog--have to jump in the truck and this begins a chain of locations where we have to drop each person off. Chris and I are then going to meet more wonderful friends for dinner this evening. It should be a great time and I'll be sure to let you know if there are any hilarious hitches along the way. :)

No comments: