Here is a picture of my grandparents. Not the best picture because I took it really quickly before we left. Alan, I think you got MUCH better ones!!

My grandma:

Caleb sliding down the side of the stairs:

My cousins and I used to get major scoldings for doing this, but I realized that now it was MY turn to scold! I didn't punish him because, honestly, I remember how fun it was to slide down that thing myself!! One of my cousins was reminiscing with me, as I'm sure the rest of the cousins are doing right now as they read this!! For the record, that little slide thing always seemed SO much bigger than it really is. :)
It was a great day and both kids fell asleep before we got on the highway. Right before Caleb dozed off, he said, "Daddy, I have some to tell you." Turns out, Grandpa had given Caleb some "green gum" which he chewed for a bit and then spit "on the floor". He told us that Grandpa didn't see him spit it out, so we promptly called my grandparents' house to let them know. Grandpa and Grandma (my parents) looked around at the places Caleb had been playing, and sure enough, there was a nice wad of gum right where he said it would be. Luckily, it wasn't mashed into the carpet or anything. GOOD THING that Caleb told us about it, too!! Caleb was able to fall asleep right after we got the "gum situation" figured out. As my mom said, he must have needed to clear his conscience!! :)
**Also, my aunt has posted more pictures from this day on her blog. Click HERE to see them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment