Monday, January 26, 2009

Watch What You Say...

Sometimes, I forget that with a 3-year old in the house, I really need to watch what I say so he doesn't repeat it. It's only 9:30am, and we've already had an "incident".

Over the weekend, Caleb got a couple of little stuffed dogs from McDonald's Happy Meals. Just a little bit ago, he was walking around the house with them asking me where Jack was. I said that I didn't know and why was he looking for him? Caleb said, "Because these two little dogs are looking for their daddy and Jack is their daddy."
"Oh!" I said. "That's very clever. I'm sure Jack will be surprised to know that he has some unknown children in the world." (Just trying to be funny...)
So, Caleb continued on his quest for Jack (who was in the laundry room eating his breakfast). He was shouting, "Jack! Jack! Here are your babies, Jack! Don't worry! They're not scary!" So, me, not thinking, says, "Jack is probably scared because he thinks he'll have to pay child support when he doesn't even have an income. Don't worry, Jack! There's no child support needed!" (If another adult was there, it would have been really funny...I swear...) Well, here's my "oops": Caleb started hollering, "Don't worry, Jack! No child support, Jack! Come and meet your babies!!" Just as I was getting ready to do some damage control, Caleb's short attention span switched gears and decided to watch "Dora". Whew! Let's hope that "child support" line doesn't come out in the wrong place at the wrong time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! That still isn't as bad as Chris's hilarious slip up when I was over! :)