After a long cold winter, we are finally seeing some promising weather. The weekend was pretty good: there were temps. in the 40's and 50's. We spent a lot of time with family members and also running some errands as a family. Today was the real winner, however. The temperature in our town got up to 65 degrees!! FABULOUS!! Chris had jury duty today (which he loves) so he got up and left extra early. Today our mission was simple: the kids and I were in search of a haircut for Caleb (
without blue hair spray this time) and a green shirt for him to wear to preschool tomorrow. Let's just say, we found a lot more than that, but we did get the stuff done that we needed to. We even enjoyed the weather while we were at it---we walked from one side of an outdoor mall to the next and back. Caleb was hoping I would carry him on my shoulders half-way through our walk but no such luck. :)
When Daddy came home (around lunchtime, whoo-hoo!), he was itching to get outside, too! Hannah and I watched the boys fly a kite and we also watched Daddy walk around and pick up doggy doo-doo from the yard so we could go out and play. (Thanks, Chris! Did I mention that when you do the yucky chores, I love you even more? j/k) With these temperatures, even
I was itching to go out and clean up the doo-doo in the yard, but I guess Chris beat me to it this time. :)
Here are a couple pictures of Caleb during his kite-flying experience:


(Needless to say, Caleb was quite thrilled to be able to run around in the backyard without a coat and hat on!) :)
Hopefully more fun posts to come since we are all so refreshed to have warmer weather!! Happy Birthday to Jon and also to Lily!! What a wonderful day to be another year older! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment