Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Going Green....


Caleb was decked out in green today for preschool: green polo shirt, green pants, and a green four-leaf clover necklace. (He opted not to wear the big green paper hat that I got for him.) Hannah didn't have many green things to wear so she looked pretty normal but I was asked by over 20 people if she is Irish. (I had a tally going of how many people asked but lost count after 20. That red hair, I tell ya!) Hannah and I had an impromptu lunch and shopping trip with my good friend, Lily, and I'm not exaggerating when I say almost every waiter/waitress in the restaurant stopped to talk to Hannah. She was a good sport about it and humbly batted her eye-lashes every time someone said to her "You're so pretty!" (Can you tell that she hears that all time at home??)

When I picked Caleb up from school, he was full of questions. Mostly questions like "Where do Leprechauns live?" and "When I wear green, do I look like a Leprechaun?" Then he started to complain that all of his classmates got Leprechaun gold and he didn't. I was a little stumped at how to fix the situation until I noticed a little plastic gold coin sitting in his cubbie. Eureka!! I said, "Look, Caleb! You did get Leprechaun gold!" That seemed to satisfy him for the time being. (Thank goodness for simple pleasures!)

Here is my little green man holding his precious "Leprechaun gold":


(Little does he know, it says "Made in China" right on it. I guess you have to go to Ireland for authentic Leprechaun gold these days....) :)

No comments: