Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cookie Monster

Today has been a great day and it's all because of the beautiful sunshine and the fact that we can wear fleece outside instead of winter coats. My mood is so light and I am so glad not to be dragged down by winter clothes these days. We had a relaxing morning around the house and then went to a friend's house for playgroup. I normally have to chase Hannah like a chicken with it's head cut off at playgroup but today, I was able to sit and relax while both kids played happily with the their friends. (Ahhh....the joys of children getting older.) When we got home in the afternoon, Caleb asked if we could make some cookies. Now, I have to share a little secret with you: I can make cookies at the drop of a hat because I have dozens of frozen cookie dough balls in my freezer. Twice a year, my mommy groups have cookie dough exchanges where we make dough, ball it up (so it's ready to go right in the oven) and freeze it by the dozens. So, when Caleb asked if we could make cookies, I said "Sure!" and popped some in the oven. They were peanut butter cup cookies so I was worried that my peanut butter-hating son would not approve. He ended up loving them.....and so did his sister.


I went out on a limb and handed her a whole warm cookie and she had a blast make a mess of it all. When I took the messy face picture of Hannah, Caleb promptly asked if I would take a picture of him....


Notice how his toes are hooked in the basket holes....Ouch!!! For the record, he was balancing pretty well and only fell over when I said "Be careful not to fall over!" :p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was that fish bowl there was I was over? I don't remember seeing it.